*Registration is HIPAA compliant for safety of client.
Exploring Life with Epilepsy through Creative and Dramatic Expression
Peyton Welch, MA, Drama Therapist
* Learn more about Peyton
- August 23rd, 2017
- August 30th, 2017
- September 6th, 2017
- September 13th 2017
- September 20th, 2017
- September 27th, 2017
- October 4th, 2017
- October 11th, 2017
- October 18th, 2017
- October 25th 2017
*Dates may change based upon unexpected events
6:00 – 7:15pm
*Time is approximate
Group Age: 18+
Maximum Group Size: 10
CHI St. Vincent Infirmary
AP&L / Dunkerton Room
2 St Vincent Cir
Little Rock, AR 72205
Cost: $20.00 per person, per session or $175.00 per person for all ten sessions
- Payment must be received prior to workshop(s) and can be made securely online upon registration. Must pay full amount of $175.00 upon registration for discount
Exploring Life with Epilepsy through Creative and Dramatic Expression focuses on adults living with epilepsy and its effect on their daily lives. A combination of drama therapy techniques (roleplay, improvisation, sculpting, sociodrama), as well as creative arts therapy (poetry, art, music) will be used for clients to:
- Learn the importance of interpreting emotions and expressing feelings in a positive manner.
- Accept benefits of relaxation – i.e. releasing stress, negative thoughts, and facing fear(s) of the unknown.
- Experience the benefits of taking risks by acting/reacting in the present, thus being content despite challenges in his/her life.
- Experience the importance of optimism and gratitude with his/herself, showing how everyday choices can affect their lives as well as loved ones.
Note: Caregivers are allowed to enter the space, if needed, for medical reasons. However, I recommend that clients not be supervised during workshops to allow them privacy in expressing and releasing emotions. Please know that a caregivers support is greatly appreciated and often benefits the quality of life for people living with epilepsy. However, a caregiver’s presence could inhibit other group members’ expression based on previous or current experience(s).
Peyton may be contacted via email with any additional questions.